Psychology Research Paper Topics for College Students
A list of psychology research paper topics for college students will help students get some fresh and unique ideas for writing a qualitative research paper. It is not easy to select a creative topic in the course of psychology since the choice of topic depends on your interests and the material you currently study. Particularly, you may need to make a choice between writing an academic research paper on children psychology, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, animal psychology or social psychology among others. As such, the first challenge that students encounter is how to make a perfect choice of the topic and be able to discuss and analyze it in the best way.
Selecting Psychology Research Topics
There is no best way on choosing psychology research topics, as what you write about will solely depend on the psychological branch you are good at, topics you are well versed in, and theoretical and practical skills you possess. For example, if you have not studies psychiatry so far, you will hardly ever decide to write a schizophrenia research paper or a research paper dealing with some other mental disorders. On the contrary, if you are interested in psychology of eating disorders or adjacent topics, you will definitely want to work on such subject area. In any case, there are some general tips and strategies to follow if you want to select an interesting psychology topic:
- Select a branch of psychology you would like to investigate.
Which topic or issue would be most appropriate for a four- to five-page research paper? If you are interested in psychology for the workplace, you may focus on careers research paper. If you like psychology and sports, you may want to explore some topic on sports psychology. Or, if you put great value to the worth of life and are fond of finding different positive things in each day, maybe you could focus on positive psychology ideas? Overall, all topics are good depending on individual choice and the scope of interest.
- Narrow down the paper topic.
If the research paper topic seems too broad, the best idea is to focus on one aspect or subtopic. As such, narrowing down the list of ideas you have brainstormed will definitely help you to be more detailed and effective in your discussion and analysis. Moreover, this strategy will make your paper more organized and logical in structure.
- Formulate research paper questions.
Think of which research question would be the most appropriate for a four- to five-page research topic? Make sure you follow the writing prompts in the assigned research paper rubric. Keep in mind that you need to introduce and briefly discuss the main problem in the research proposal.
- Adhere to the paper instructions.
Make sure you read the paper guidelines carefully and attentively. Pay attention to the citation style you will have to use: do you need the paper to be formatted in APA style or MLA style? Maybe you will need to follow IEEE format for research paper. Whatever the format is, make sure you study the information manuals carefully to provide a paper of high quality.
If you lack sufficient skills or experience in research paper writing or simply doubt about your ability to provide a premium-quality paper, seek assistance from a research paper writing service that can not only provide you will a properly written academic paper but also give you effective writing tips on how to succeed in writing. You can choose any custom writing service from the wide variety of academic writing companies available online.
Argumentative Research Paper Topics: What You Need to Know about the Writing Process
For many students, it seems that there is nothing worse than choosing argumentative research paper topics in different subjects. For the other category of students, the worst thing is being assigned a boring or complicated argumentative topic by professor. On the whole, writing an academic paper can never be easy and fast. One needs to put a great effort, work hard, be perseverant and diligent in order to reach success. Still, as soon as you have made a decision regarding what you will write about, there are certain aspects you need to be aware of before working on your college term paper:
- Provide an extensive and thorough research;
- Identify a few main ideas that interest you;
- Compose a paper outline or a plan before the actual process of writing;
- Make sure you provide a backbone for all paper sections, namely introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion;
- Cite the used sources according to the APA format or any other required citation style;
- Switch over to editing and proofreading as post-writing stages. They are necessary to brush up your paper.
In an argumentative paper, you need to provide both “for” and “against” arguments regarding the topic of your choice. Moreover, you need to support the arguments and claims with facts and supporting evidence taken from credible sources (preferable peer-reviewed). You should always rely on experts’ opinion if you want to sound convincing. Both the introductory and the conclusive paragraphs should be strong and clear. You need to convey your main idea in a clear and logical manner as it should be easy for your target readers to trace your thoughts and logic. Have a look at the following topics for your college paper or coursework:
- Sports research paper topics: What are possible reasons for fierce competition in sports?
- Is there equality in the workplace? What about the minimum wage rates?
- Who can be claimed guilty when it comes to the problem of homelessness?
- Would it be prudent to introduce shorter working days and working weeks?
- Can one measure the ideal age for starting to consume alcohol?
- Should corporal punishment be legally abolished in schools and educational institutions?
Persuasive Research Paper Topics in Psychology
If you are looking for original and creative ideas for your persuasive research paper topics in psychology and adjacent areas, you should definitely read the following list of research topics:
- The importance of adhering to ethical principles in psychological studies.
- Research paper on abortion and its consequences.
- Substance abuse and marijuana legalization research paper.
- Where do stereotypes derive from? Why do they impact the society?
- Can attention-deficit syndrome be called a myth of the modern realities?
- What are the pros and cons of social education?
- Can artificial intelligence negatively impact on the development of people’s psychology and mind?
- Why is it so hard to eliminate the growth of sexually transmitted diseases?
- Cyber security research paper: what measures should be taken to fight cybercrimes?
- Teenage pregnancy research paper: what are the valid reasons of conducting abortions for females under 18?
On the whole, the core aim of persuasive writing is not only to argue about the topic but to convince the audience to accept it and agree with you. It is essential to provide really strong points when delivering your message. Persuasive writing should appeal to emotions, feelings, beliefs, thoughts, and attitudes of people. Therefore, it is advisable to use rhetorical devices and strategies to succeed in persuasive writing.
College Research Paper Topics: Ideas to Make Your College Paper Interesting
Below you will find some appealing college research paper topics, which may come in handy especially if you were not assigned a specific topic but were given a free choice in the subject. You can use these topics not only for your college paper but also coursework or any other type of academic paper.
- Is there a song that can make people feel better?
- How can a student make a contribution to the social well-being of his/ her community?
- What are the reasons why influenza viruses progress over the years?
- Human trafficking research paper: what are the reasons for human trafficking problem nowadays?
- Global warming research paper: how to start protecting the environment? What can you personally do?
- Macroeconomics research paper topics: investigate the impact of Walmart on the US economy.
- Poverty research paper topic: why is there a growing gap between the rich and the poor?
- The dynasty of Princess Diana.
- The presidency of Barack Obama.
- Immigration research paper: what consequences has immigration brought in the last few years?
Criminal Justice Research Paper Topics: Fresh Ideas for Coursework in Law
Read on the following list of criminal justice research paper topics if you are looking for fresh essay ideas in the subject of law.
- The election process in the country is what you choose.
- How is Islamic law perceived in more progressive countries of the world?
- Analyze the effectiveness of the court tools of the international law.
- What role does the World Intellectual Property Organization play?
- Is the copyright law really helpful for protecting intellectual property of writers?
- What authority and power do women in different corners of the world have?
- Law and environmental topics for research paper: How are environmental issues solved under the influence of the environmental law?
- Why is it important to be aware of the peculiarities of GATT documents?
- What are the roles and responsibilities of the European Patent Office?
- Report on two chosen criminal cases and compare them in terms of the criminal procedure.
Controversial Topics for Research Paper: Get Fresh Ideas for Your College Term Paper
If you need to write a presentation or a college paper for class discussion, then you should definitely consider the following controversial topics for research paper:
- Should babies be saved before 27 weeks or should the medical resources be better spent on healthier babies?
- Autism research paper topics: should the government spend funding on rehabilitation of children with autism?
- Do you agree that sleep disorders directly correlate with the overall health condition?
- Breast cancer research paper: Should screening for breast cancer be made compulsory?
- Does breastfeeding guarantee that the baby will have a stronger immune system in the future?
- Hidden truths about being a vegan.
- Holocaust research paper: Are there risks of potential holocausts in the near future?
- Do you believe in the healthiest diet that can eliminate people’s diseases?
- Do you believe that getting rid of smoking can improve a person’s mental health?
- Will there be an end to the evolution process of the society?
Sociological Research Paper Topics
If you find it really hard to come up with a good topic on sociology, look through the following comprehensive list of sociological research paper topics:
- How can police brutality be defined?
- How ethical and convenient is it to test some new medicine on patients?
- Why are society members prone to bullying and social harassment?
- Is it a good idea to introduce obligatory prayers in high school?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of social security reform?
- How are the society members impacted by the disposal of radioactive materials?
- Is it legal and ethical to use children in commercials?
- What measures were taken to increase the security levels of airports after the 9/11 terrorist attack?
- What basic steps can be taken to boost the well-being of a specific community?
- Do you believe there is some specific type of elaborate hoax used to manipulate the society?
Sociology Research Paper Topics
Take a look at the continued list of sociology research paper topics. In this list, the topics will be more adjacent with the other disciplines and thus broader.
- The relation between depression and social cognition.
- The roles of violent and aggressive behavior in the society.
- Causes and effects of discrimination and biases within a society.
- What social impacts are children susceptible to nowadays?
- In what way can society members get accustomed to physical injuries and further disabilities?
- What learning difficulties may be evident in the workplace? How to overcome the social pressure in this case?
- The society and religion: What different attitudes can you identify in your community?
- What behaviors can be regarded as prosocial?
- The manifestation of the bystander effect in the society. Provide real-life examples.
- The importance of social identity in the modern world.
Education Research Topics
If you need to provide a properly researched academic paper in the sphere of education but have no good ideas on what to write about, look through the following list of education research topics:
- Can all people and nations be literate? Why are there so many illiterate people in the modern times?
- Is the obtained higher education worth the efforts and money paid for it?
- How can teaching be made a more appealing profession with the help of governmental efforts and policies?
- Is it possible to make the school curriculum more appealing to students?
- Do you view dress code at school as a way of women discrimination?
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of home schooling. Does it have a negative role on socialization?
- Discuss the importance of multilingual education.
- Gun control research paper: how to maintain safety in schools and in the society as a whole due to the widespread usage of weapons?
- Can the educational system of the modern society produce geniuses?
- Can school grades be an objective means of evaluating a student’s level of knowledge?
Literary Research Paper Topics: How to Succeed in Your Literature Class?
The list of literary research paper topics provided below will share with you some creative and interesting ideas for your academic paper. If your literature professor has assigned you a task to write an essay on a free topic, you will most probably be challenged, since it is hard to come up with a topic that would be both interesting for you and your target audience. Read on and choose the topic in English literature that you like most.
- Investigate how Three Musketeers written by Duma may contain historically irrelevant facts. Provide specific examples.
- In what aspects is Harry Potter a topical book for the modern society?
- Choose two novels of your own choice and analyze their central topics.
- On the example of a novel of your choice, investigate how imagery is used.
- What are the reasons for using metaphors, epithets, and other literary devices?
- What are the literary signal factors of identifying specific genres?
- Compare and contrast a thriller and a horror.
- Discuss and analyze a specific historical event across two or three literary works.
- Choose a literary genre of your preference and analyze its development process.
- Do you agree that the role of literature is slowly deteriorating nowadays?
Medical Research Paper Topics: Fresh Ideas for Nursing and Medication Studies
If you are studying nursing, the following list of medical research paper topics will definitely save you from failing your college term paper:
- Investigate the frequency of burnouts in the profession of doctors and nurses.
- How can nurses improve their well-being, resilience to stress, and overall emotional health?
- How can nurses improve their competence in providing spiritual care?
- Discuss the challenges and risks nurses encounter when it comes to infectious patients.
- How can cooperation between health care workers and nurses be made more effective and fruitful?
- Should nurses be given the responsibility to prescribe antibiotics among other medications?
- What is the nurses’ role in helping patients with dementia?
- Alzheimer’s research paper: the importance of nurses in the communication process with the patients’ family members.
- Role of nurses in the geriatric unit.
- What role do nurses play in the weight-loss programs helping to adults regain their optimal weight?
Healthcare Research Paper Topics
In this section, you will find a comprehensive list of the most interesting healthcare research paper topics. As such, these essays will be broader in their conveyed message.
- Ways of identifying an abused patient in the healthcare setting.
- Changes and improvements of health care in your country.
- Alcohol consumption among the elderly in nursing homes.
- What measures can healthcare workers apply to patients who refuse to eat?
- What are the most effective measures in acne treatment among women?
- How to manage pain in severe injuries?
- Ways how healthcare workers can inform and teach women on menopause period.
- What end-of-life healthcare interventions can be introduced effectively in heathcare settings?
- Emerging ethical issues in health care.
- Are nurses prepared for effective primary care in your country?
Nursing Research Paper Topics
To move on with the topic of medicine and health care, read the following nursing research paper topics and find the best one for your college paper.
- Pros and cons of animal therapy for children with autism. The role of nurses in the healthcare practice.
- The role of nurses in asthma management in secondary and high schools.
- Pediatric nursing and pain treatment.
- Cold and cough treatment among young children.
- Nurses’ education of abdominal massage for patients with critical conditions.
- Self-care management and its role in the nursing setting.
- The role of nurses in schools.
- Mirror therapy for patients who suffered stroke.
- How can nurses offer psychological support for patients with obesity?
- The role of nurses in child treatment in orphanages.
Business Topics for Research Paper
If you major in business and management and need to write coursework or some other college paper but have no ideas on what to focus on, read on the following list of business topics for research paper:
- Provide a comparison and contrast paper on the role and effectiveness of different techniques for management.
- Analytical research paper: discuss and critically analyze advantages of small businesses.
- Provide a comparison and contrast paper on the Recession vs. the Great Depression.
- What were the initial expectations and the real aftermaths of the Manhattan Project?
- The role and effect of communism on the business sector in Northern Korea.
- The impact of Burger King and Walmart on the US economy.
- Choose a specific business and critically evaluate how it is impacted by global warming.
- How do celebrities in advertising impact the overall profits for specific businesses?
- Advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing strategies.
- What are the reasons many businessmen contribute to charity?
Economics Research Paper Topics
Look through the list of economics research paper topics and accounting research paper topic and find some fresh ideas for your paper in economics and commerce. Make sure to follow the rubrics for research paper to ensure high quality of writing.
- What are the chances of transforming a brand-new business idea into a profit?
- What are the positive and negative impacts that creative marketing may have on sales?
- Are small businesses negatively affected by taxation?
- Discuss and analyze the principles of effective and ineffective time-management techniques for small and big teams.
- Discuss the pros and cons of multitasking. What impact does it have on productivity?
- Discuss the problem of sexual harassment in the workplace.
- What are the tactics on the way to reaching employee satisfaction?
- Investigate the minimal wage rates in 3-5 countries. Discuss and analyze the working conditions in the analyzed countries.
- What types of businesses were most successful in the last decade?
- How can large corporations avoid legal violations?
Research Essay Topics for Computer Science
If you major in engineering, computer science or informational technology, the research essay topics provided below will help you with some fresh ideas for your coursework or a college term paper.
- Strategic importance of cloud computing in business organizations research paper.
- The main advantages if the Symbian mobile operating system.
- How to measure the level of universal intelligence?
- What are the pros and cons of using the Google apps?
- Cloud computing research paper: The basics of cloud computing and its purpose.
- Will humanity benefit from the chip implementation system?
- Is Mac OS safer than Android or Windows?
- Discuss the possible risks behind online storage of data.
- Discuss and analyze the underlying points of the search engine optimization.
- The principles of GPS functioning.
History Research Paper Topics
- The influence of Asian art on the modern artworks.
- Examine the similarities and differences between the culture of the Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome.
- Select one work on archaeology and discuss its main topic.
- Discuss the Green Revolution and its impact on the modern times.
- Is there one military strategy that can be claimed effective during all times?
- What factors often lead to the war outbreak?
- Do you agree that liberalism is the most favorable regime?
- Can humanity face World War III in the nearest years?
- Effects and consequences of the women’s suffrage movement.
- The impact of mass media and social media on people in the wartime period.
Cognitive Psychology Research Topics
- The impact of autism on the contemporary society.
- How can the psychology of color be used in the cognitive research?
- What are the factors that may lead to one’s losing memory or specific memories of the past?
- Can cognitive experiments measure the critical ability of people?
- Discuss the phenomenon of memorizing. Why do different people have different memory capacities?
- What are the effective ways of measuring attention deficit in children?
- What is the relation between cognitive development and children’s speech disorders?
- How to regain memory loss?
- What factors are influential on children’s problem-solving skills and critical thinking?
- Discuss the relationship between judgments and decision-making process.
Research Topics on Developmental Psychology
- Discuss the concept of bullying within the realm of development stages in psychology.
- How do the media impact bullying and harassment cases?
- What are the causes and effects of violent behavior?
- What are the reasons of the emerging psychopathic behavior among youths?
- Why some people learn languages faster than others?
- The influence of gender role division on the society.
- The correlation between parental and child development.
- What leads to child abuse?
- How is the aging process related to psychological well-being?
- Provide examples of good and bad parenting.
Abnormal Psychology Research Topics
- What factors or reasons lead to the development of bulimia or anorexia in children and teenagers?
- What leads to eating disorders among adults and the elderly?
- Why are anxiety disorders so widespread nowadays?
- What leads to borderline personality disorders?
- Are cannibalism practices treated as crazy and immoral? Why? Why do they still exist in some African societies?
- Do you agree that asexuality is abnormal?
- Define causes and effects of deviant behavior.
- What is it like to be a narcissist in the contemporary society?
- What is the psychology of telling lies and truth?
- Multiple personality disorders: causes and outcomes.
Clinical Psychology Topics for a Research
- Can psychology help in one’s coping with chronic and severe pain?
- Can cognitive therapy be effective for people suffering from panic attacks and anxiety?
- The use of cognitive therapy in criminal offenders.
- Is it useful to take antidepressants?
- The modes of treating PTSD.
- How is cognitive behavior therapy effective for treating patients with depression?
- Discuss and analyze insomnia causes and effects in clinical scenarios.
- Can one combine antidepressants with the other forms of therapy?
- What are the effective methods of treating agoraphobia?
- How can cognitive behavioral therapy be used for patients with different types of addiction?
Social Media Research Paper Topics
- What are the impacts of social media on communication? How has the regular usage of social media transformed communication?
- How is LGBT tolerance propagated in social media?
- The influence of team sports on the sphere of social communication.
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of global citizenship.
- How is social anxiety and depression influenced by the regular usage of social media platforms?
- Do you believe it is possible to maintain 100% privacy on social media networks?
- The presence and manifestation of gender stereotypes in the modern workplace.
- Do women face some type of discrimination or harassment online?
- How can culture be maintained in the social media networking sites? How can different people broaden their outlook about the world cultures?
- How to eliminate bullying and discrimination online?
Political Science Research Paper Topics
- The influence of Angela Merkel on the political situation in Europe.
- The possibility of Donald Trump’s impeachment.
- The influence of Brexit on the political system and international relations in Europe.
- The role of Putin in the global terrorist actions.
- Is there a way for world’s political leaders to unite and combat the threat coming from Russia?
- Do you believe in potential unity of Northern and Southern Korea?
- Do you believe dictatorship will be eradicated?
- Discuss the political conflicts in Africa. What about its political regimes?
- Do refugees and immigrants pose a threat to the securities of countries they flee to?
- Is it possible to eliminate racism in the world?
Academic Paper Topics on Popular Culture
- Music research paper topics: discuss the best music news of the last year.
- The influence of reality shows on teens.
- Do you agree that celebrities occupy a separate niche in the society?
- Compare and contrast DC and Marvel comics and their main heroes.
- Provide a discussion and analysis of the popular culture of Japan.
- Discuss whether ageism, sexism, and other forms of discrimination are present in the popular culture.
- What women’s roles are propagated in the modern culture (songs, movies, TV shows, and other media)?
- Do the books about Harry Potter motivate people to read more?
- The impact of YouTube cartoons on children.
- Do popular shows, such as The X Factor or American Idol help to discover new talents?
Technology College Paper Topics
- Discuss and evaluate the effectiveness of cyber security.
- The role of technology in eliminating terrorist attacks.
- Do you believe that artificial intelligence is one of the most effective and advantageous technological advancements?
- What technological advancements can have the biggest influence on humanity by 2030?
- Does each person pose a certain influence on the technological development of humanity?
- Is it viable to spend funding on investigating new planets? Provide a discussion on the example of Mars exploration and astronomy studies.
- Critically analyze the impact that Bill Gates and Steve Jobs made on the world.
- Compare and contrast real-life communication and virtual reality.
- Examine how the Internet has changed the world over the last 20 years.
- The effect of cloud storage systems on the world.
Environmental Essay Topics
- Discuss and evaluate the drastic change of climate over the last decades.
- Do you believe that global warming is an elaborate hoax?
- Is it possible to reduce the impact of global warming?
- Examine the negative effects of global warming on the example of the wildlife.
- How can people eliminate the effects of air pollution?
- Discuss the importance of recycling.
- Ocean pollution in the contemporary world: what effect does it have on the world’s ecosystem?
- What alternative sources of energy could be used for saving the environment?
- Ways to protect the endangered plant and animal species.
- The problem of the lack of drinking water in some areas of the planet.
Religion Essay Topics
- Is Christianity as relevant nowadays as it was before?
- Is it possible to deal with crimes and punishment according to the principles of Christian tradition?
- Discuss some of the newly emerging religions and religious beliefs.
- Explore and discuss the cases of sexual abuse in Catholicism.
- Discuss the interrelation of religious beliefs and convictions in the medical realm.
- The role of myth in different religions.
- Do you agree that the probability of a newly-emerging religion is quite high?
- Discuss agnosticism and share your personal opinion about it.
- Discuss the connection between politics and religion.
- Discuss how women suffer from oppression due to specific religious dogmas and beliefs.
Essay Topics on Legal Issues
- Explore the importance of copyright law when it comes to protecting intellectual property, such as music or books, from free online download.
- Investigate the reasons for making marijuana legal.
- Examine the pros and cons of legal acceptance of same-same marriages.
- Do you agree that the contemporary modes of punishment for sexual offence and murders are just?
- Should there be laws aimed at eradication of online bullying and harassment.
- Where is the line between artistic erotic photos and pornography?
- Explore the importance of abortion laws depending on cultures and religions of the world.
- Do you believe that corporal punishment can be effective and just?
- Choose 2-3 countries and explore the effectiveness of laws concerning prostitution.
- Do you believe that LGBT should be given legal rights for adopting children?
Essay Topics on Health and Well-Being
- The effects of tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis on the human health and well-being.
- Chemistry research paper topics: how are different chemicals found in food impact people’s health?
- Pros and cons of vaccination.
- Investigate birth control means that are most popular nowadays. Which of them are the most effective? Why?
- Are there preventive measures for Alzheimer’s disease?
- Should euthanasia be made legal all over the world? What could be the consequences?
- Do you believe in the discovery of cure for such deadly diseases as cancer and AIDS?
- Is care for mental health equally important as care for physical health?
- Explore the benefits and positive aspects of fat cells in the human body.
- Obesity and anorexia are contrary manifestations of the same health and mental problem: agree or disagree.